Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best Win OS for Gaming on AMD [Win 7 vs Win 8 vs Vista]

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 M!5T3RM0U53

M!5T3RM0U53

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:20 AM

I'm about to build my own system and I'm really confused about the OS.

Some say Win 7 is awesome. Some vote for Win 8. 

I'll be using an AMD FX6100 proc along with Geforce 630gt GPU .

I play games like assassins creed, hitman, nfs, street fighter , splinter cell, gta etc

I got win 7 ultimate on my laptop and it runs awesome, But ultimate was very expensive. 

I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:10 AM

I never used Vista, but heard a lot of bad things about it. My wife has 8 on her laptop, I hate it.

I would go with Win7, I have the home edition and haven't had any trouble with it. I don't play all the latest games or online games. Except for Diablo3.

My vote is for Win7.  :blink:

"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:25 AM

If you're using an FX-based processor, Windows 8 is suggested as it has the scheduler update baked in whereas 7 as it patched.  This does cause a slight bump in performance.  With Windows 8, you do not need to mess around in the Metro environment much.  I use 8 and almost exclusively live on the desktop.  I don't find the lack of a traditional Start menu problematic at all. 

You also don't need the Ultimate version of Windows 7 or Vista as home users rarely take advantage of Ultimate specific functions.

3939.png

#4 shinmarwan

shinmarwan

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

i prefer win 7

#5 Jamebonds1

Jamebonds1

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

I voted for Win 7.  There is no feature from win 8 I need for gaming, I end up with Windows 7 Ult that cost 10 dollar for student.  

#6 AbsoZed

AbsoZed

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

Another vote for 7. I honestly played (er tried to.) On Windows 8, and found the compatibility issues to be painful with some games. Too much tweaking.

#7 67Nero

67Nero

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

I had a vista computer once... It was so slow that it made my vintage Windows 95 look like a supercomputer XD I have liked 7 very much so far and I get cancer from watching the live tiles. So its a easy win to 7 for me.

trace.

Signature500x83_zps94555895.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users