Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tracking Objects found on fresh install?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 datastrain

datastrain

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

i ran superantispyware immediately after installing windows 7 and google chrome.  (never connected to the internet.)

and it found these:

data@atdmt.com

doubleclick.net

lucidmedia.com

data@c.atdmt[2].txt [/c.atdmt]

googleadservices.txt

accounts.google.com

rogersmedia.com

obviously google and rogers did their thing.  what are the others.  should i remove them?  will they just be reinstated again later?

a million monkeys using windows will eventually produce all possible error messages... eventually...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

The following has been brought to you by Google Chrome!

data@atdmt.com 

doubleclick.net

lucidmedia.com

data@c.atdmt[2].txt [/c.atdmt]

googleadservices.txt

accounts.google.com

I couldn't find anything which ties this to Google Chrome, this doesn't mean that it isn't.

rogersmedia.com

Google uses these to track where you go online so that they can add sites that they believe you would be interested in in your g-mail account.  This is why I closed my g-mail account.  If you want to get rid of these... get rid of Chrome.

Edited by dc3, 10 April 2013 - 11:35 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,613 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

About Rogers Media
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,995 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

You can use Spywareblaster to block those cookies from getting on your computer. It's a free program that blocks a lot of stuff from getting on the computer by changing a number of settings. It does not run in the background. You just need to update it once in a while.

http://www.brightfort.com/spywareblaster.html

~ OB :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 datastrain

datastrain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

Thanks dc3 (btw: rogers is my isp / internet media mogul that i must put up with)

Orange Blossom - when I try to download spywareblaster, it prompts me that I must buy one of their offered packages.

Edited by datastrain, 14 April 2013 - 12:27 PM.

a million monkeys using windows will eventually produce all possible error messages... eventually...

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,570 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

http://www.brightfort.com/sbdownload.html

Use the gray Continue Download to avoid the spam. The only thing thats added to SpywareBlaster by inputting your information is the auto update feature. Keep it updated yourself and it's free and free from spam obligation.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users