Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Is Degrading

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 ThatQuestionGuy1

ThatQuestionGuy1

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:19 PM

Hello, I just registered because I am at the end of my rope for once. Usually when I have a computer problem I just look up stuff and  fix it away, but I tried everything here! So I turn to you guys before I spend what little I have on repair.

Device: Acer Aspire One Netbook

Problem: Sluggish System

Tried: SuperAntiSpyware scan, Panda Cloud Antivirus Scan, CCleaner cleanup and registry, disk defragment, scandisk.

About a month ago I was hit with something bad, I don't know if it was malware/spyware/virus. After trying to get rid of it with SuperAntiSpyware (free edition), it got rid of everything else except that thing I had. After multiple scans and using Pand Cloud AntiVirus (free edition), I finally succumbed to using ComboFix (du du duuuuun!). That was my second time using it on this netbook I had for about 2 years.

After I used it, the thing went away and I was happy. But a week or two later, my netbook was venting a lot more than what is should have been. And video streaming (on YouTube) became very poor on all browsers (Opera, Firefox, and Chrome).

But up 3-4 days ago, my netbook would vent like CRAZY just trying to watch ONE single YouTube video on only ONE tab, NO OTHER programs running. Not only that, the sound would become distorted and my mouse wouldn't move smoothly on the pad and screen. I'm afraid this thing is just going to overheat and give out one day from all the stress that come from out of nowhere.

So please, if you may provide assistance and/or give remedies that I may have overlooked, they are MORE than welcome. Thank you for your time and volunteering, it means a lot to me.

Edited by ThatQuestionGuy1, 09 April 2013 - 11:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThatQuestionGuy1

ThatQuestionGuy1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:57 PM

Well, at least you could understand it, that was my goal at the minimum. Thank you for your insight, but it would be great if other people could contribute their knowledge on what may be wrong with my system as well.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

Well, at least you could understand it, that was my goal at the minimum. Thank you for your insight, but it would be great if other people could contribute their knowledge on what may be wrong with my system as well.

I was confused as to who you were talking to.

I would suspect that something was removed by Combofix.  So We need to see that log in a new topic.

Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.

Let me know if all went well.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 ThatQuestionGuy1

ThatQuestionGuy1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:49 PM

Oh, I was replying to someone, but when I logged back in I saw the comment got removed, so it looked like I was talking to myself. And oh no! My virus/malware/whatever problem came back when I logged on my computer just tonight!!!!! Should I still do the preparation guide or should I try Combofix again???

Problem (best as descrbed): When I click/highlight something, it doesn't stay on that icon and keeps scrolling to each icon non-stop repeatedly. When browsing, when I scroll down on a webpage, it automatically scrolls me back to the top of the page and I can't do anything about it while it's scrolling the page.

It gives me a few breaks where I have normal control of the computer again, but then it starts again.

New: Now my typing is being affected, the letters are getting scrambled as I type.

So I think it wasn't removed! Should I still do as you say?

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

Hi, Thanks that makes sense..

Please ,just go here start a new topic..

Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs

Include the issues mentioned above and your Combo log. Do NOT run it again or anything else.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 ThatQuestionGuy1

ThatQuestionGuy1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

Ok, thank you, I already did that and am patiently waiting! Thank you very much for your time, I appreciate it :).

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

Thanks..

Now that your log is properly posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Removal Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the Malware Removal Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the Malware Removal Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the Malware Removal Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRL Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

The current wait time is 1 - 2 days and ALL logs are answered.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users