Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop drops internet ONLY @ 2.4GHZ not 5Ghz

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pajajn

Pajajn

• Members
  • 364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

I just ran over this strange irritating problem on one of my laptop devices...  The connection times out and drops but still connected to router. No internet works when dropped and cant access WAN either when this happens. When this occurs the internet comes back for some second and then randomly drops fast again

The problem only occurs on 1 laptop and @ 2.4Ghz channel works just fine on 5Ghz. 

When internet drops on laptop connected with 2.4 the mobile who is also on 2.4 works just fine  :smash:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:15 AM

Please post the computer and router model next time.

Download MiniToolBox and run the program.
When open, checkmark or select all options then click Go.
A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply.

Tekken

#3 Pajajn

Pajajn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:51 AM

The problem got solved randomly by connecting to 5Ghz channel and turning some services off 

winHTTP proxy 
windows update 

and some other i didnt recognise at the moment 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users