Hi everyone. I have an Acer Aspire 9410z laptop with Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2. I can't seem to get the Performance Monitor function to load correct in the Reliability and Performance monitor. If I bring up the R&P monitor, and then click directly on Performance Monitor, I get an error message: "MMC cannot initialize the snap-in". However, if I select Reliability Monitor first, and then click on Performance Monitor, I get a blank white graph. If I then attempt to add counters via the green "+" sign or a right click, the dialog box that comes up is completely devoid of all object and counters. Here's what I've tried thus far...
- Ran "sfc /scannow" which found no file corruption.
- Verified that "Performance Logs and Alerts" and "Windows Management Instrumentation" services are running.
- Rebuilt performance counter library with "lodctr /r" from admin command prompt, and then verified that most of them were actually enabled with "lodctr /q".
- Reviewed similar issues on Microsoft website (kb127207, kb300956) to no avail.
- Don't really see any errors in the Event Log.
Been working on this for 3 days now and I'm about out of ideas, so any advice would be kindly appreciated. Thanks in advance...