Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Mode network found internet but can't see shares

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stantech

stantech

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 PM

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

I have a Windows 7 computer with xp mode set up.  I can see the virtual machine on my other network computers but can't see any shares from the virtual machine.  the internet works fine.  I configured the VM to use the network card in the Windows t machine so that it leases i separate IP to the VM.  I can ping all machines back and forth.  Why can't I see any shares?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,135 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

Although you can't see the share are you able to access it in windows explorer by using \\computername? example. Using Windows explorer type in the location bar \\xpmodepc (or whatever the xpmode name is) and press enter.

See This topic I use xpmode in my test

Edited by Sneakycyber, 10 April 2013 - 07:04 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 stantech

stantech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:44 AM

You are correct.  I ca see the the computers and access the shares using \\computername.  Is there a way to get them to show up in explorer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users