Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer slowing down alot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hockey826

Hockey826

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

Recently over the last day or two I've noticed svchost.exe *32 is taking up 20-40% of my cpu and is using over 1gig of ram... this hasn't happened before and I figured it was linked to a virus. If I close the process it takes a few minutes and then starts skyrocketing back up there.  Also when I've tried to play certain computer games the last few days the laptop shuts down and says it was overheating, I figured this is because of the added strain of the SVChost. (I know the process is normally there but figured this was the virus as its normally not that large).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

Read this link http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/44694/slow-computer/ do some of the checks first it may help you out somewhat !!

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

#3 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

Also check this out, to determine what is service is running under SVChost : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/list-services-running-under-svchostexe-process/

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users