Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error 0x80070424 The specified service does not exist as an installed service

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 teschman

teschman

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

I took this Gateway running Vista Home Premium to Staples. Cost me $70 to do a scan and they could not clean it up with their virus remover.  it seems to be getting worse.  Can't access the internet, any of the systems tools, device manager won't come up.  I tried working in safe mode, but now it's blocking access to that with a blinking cursor and beeps after I continue to press F8.  Now it goes to a blinking cursor if I put in a jump drive.  I just want to get some documents and pictures off the hard drive and be done with it.  I tried bringing up the bios and resetting it so I could boot from another drive, but it just brings up a blinking, cursor and beeps when I push F8.  I just got it to boot up after I took out the jump drive.  Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 teschman

teschman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

I used the command prompt went into DOS and tried to use regedit.  It denied access.

It will not recognize my jump drive, it just asks me to load a disk and locks up.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,413 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

<< I just want to get some documents and pictures off the hard drive and be done with it.>>

If that's true...the simplest thing to do is remove the hard drive, attach it as a secondary drive to a protected system...remove the docs/pics.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users