Hey guys, I heard about you from a friend that you are all really knowledgeable and could maybe help me with my problem. You see, I've been having this problem with my monitor recently (it may have to do with my graphics card but I honestly have no idea). It started pretty recently and it's gotten to be quite annoying.
Monitor: LG Flatron w2340vg
- Generally what happens is that, the monitor will turn black with no type of "lost signal" or "HDMI 1" or anything like that, but the light for the monitor power will remain on.
- The problem generally happens after playing games for a while, usually after 3 games of Dota 2, the problem will begin to happen somewhat frequently and the exponentially continue
- The monitor will stay black for a while but will eventually begin to give signal again, the problem seems to become more severe as I play games.
What I've tried:
- Updating my graphics card drivers
- Checking the connections from the monitor to the computer
- Monitoring the Graphics Card temperature
- Restarting the computer
As I said before it only seems to happen with any type of extended strain on my graphics card (i.e playing good looking games for an extended time) But I, as you can tell, have no idea what it could possibly be. Sorry if I left anything out, I did read the posting guide and tried to follow it as closely as possible. Any and all help is appreciated, thank you for your time ahead of time!
Edited by HopskotchB, 09 April 2013 - 03:33 AM.