Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LG Flatron Problems, screen turns black

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HopskotchB

HopskotchB

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:31 AM

Hey guys, I heard about you from a friend that you are all really knowledgeable and could maybe help me with my problem.  You see, I've been having this problem with my monitor recently (it may have to do with my graphics card but I honestly have no idea).  It started pretty recently and it's gotten to be quite annoying.

Monitor: LG Flatron w2340vg

The problem:

• Generally what happens is that, the monitor will turn black with no type of "lost signal" or "HDMI 1" or anything like that, but the light for the monitor power will remain on.  
  • The problem generally happens after playing games for a while, usually after 3 games of Dota 2, the problem will begin to happen somewhat frequently and the exponentially continue
  • The monitor will stay black for a while but will eventually begin to give signal again, the problem seems to become more severe as I play games.

What I've tried:

• Updating my graphics card drivers
  • Checking the connections from the monitor to the computer
  • Monitoring the Graphics Card temperature
  • Restarting the computer

As I said before it only seems to happen with any type of extended strain on my graphics card (i.e playing good looking games for an extended time) But I, as you can tell, have no idea what it could possibly be.  Sorry if I left anything out, I did read the posting guide and tried to follow it as closely as possible.  Any and all help is appreciated, thank you for your time ahead of time! 

Edited by HopskotchB, 09 April 2013 - 03:33 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,658 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:59 AM

Welcome to the forums!

Really you need to be able to determine whether the problem is occurring within the monitor or the video card, which is best done by being able to try the monitor on another source, or try another monitor on your computer. Otherwise we're just guessing. Overall it seems likely to be a backlight fault in the monitor, but could be the computer sending a black output to the monitor.

Edit: Actually, most modern monitors show an OSD as a menu, when the screen blacks out, will the OSD show? If not, then backlight fault is almost certainly indicated.

Edited by Platypus, 09 April 2013 - 05:31 AM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users