Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stop Errors just wont go away.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 PSKM

PSKM

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:47 PM

Hey lads I got an issue with a system here,got a machine which just won't install windows. Everytime it goes beyond the windows is loading files screen it gives me a blue screen error which contains some instructions including disable caching and shadowing. I don't know how to access that I'm using an acer aspire mobo with a phoenix BIOS.please help if you have experienced anything similar.I have already changed RAM,processor,graphics cards and the hardrives as well as the optical drive,the problem just won't budge.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

Hello and Welcome -

There is a few bits missing from your post that may be of help -

Are you "over installing" an old Operating System (XP / Vista) or a New install

What are you installing from ? A New or OEM CD /  DVD / USB or a made / cloned Windows program off another computer

Any further information along these lines will be the best way to help you -

Thank You -

#3 PSKM

PSKM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

Hy,thanks for interest.

Im installing a new clean installatiom of windows 7 ultimate from a burnt dvd.the installation work no doubt about it.I also tried installing xp,Vista,and server 2008 same error.i think its hardware but not sure.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:09 AM

Hello -

Please note from the Forum Rules linked at the top of every page, that you agreed to when you became a member of BleepingComputer -

•No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

I asked the question as it seemed that you were not installing from a Certified Windows Install, but a Cloned CD -

Thank You -

#5 PSKM

PSKM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:53 AM

The Vista,server 2008 and xp are genuine software dont know about the windows 7 as I have not used it. I got this copy from a friend cause it works on him thought it should work on me too but they all give the error.

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:02 AM

Please note that a Genuine M/soft CD / DVD can only be used on one computer, unless it is a Certified Multi copy.

The CD / DVD is tied to the Motherboard of a single computer, and is not a shared item to be cloned -

This is your reasons for the errors -

Sorry but I can not help you further -

#7 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,427 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:54 AM

Considering the errors are consistent over several different OS installations, and the common factor has come down pretty much to the mainboard, that's where the suspicion points IMO. It seems an unlikely symptom to be the result of a PSU fault, so the only other idea that comes to my mind is have you been using the same data cables on the drives? I once had a faulty IDE cable that rather strangely only seemed to produce registry errors during the OS install.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#8 PSKM

PSKM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:24 AM

Ok thanks will try changing the cables and the psu and get back to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users