Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

desktop, taskbar randomly freeze

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 calculon47

calculon47

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

Hey there, I installed windows 8 a few months ago, but in the past month I've had a strange problem. Randomly and without warning, almost everything other than open programs and windows stops working.

Things that stop working:

1. Clicking icons on the desktop

2. Right-clicking on the desktop (the cursor just becomes the spinning circle forever)

3. All keyboard shortcuts; I can't even shut down or restart the computer in Windows.

Thing is, open programs and windows keep working just fine. This isn't ideal, though, because this stuff eventually freezes too, especially when the cursor becomes the spinning circle.

Things I've done to troubleshoot:

1. Disabled all non-Microsoft services other than firewall (Comodo), anti-virus (Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013) and anti-malware (Malwarebytes Anti-Malware) through msconfig.

2. Disabled all add-ons in Web browser.

3. Run memtest+ for 7 passes (no errors).

4. Ensured motherboard drivers, bios, video card drivers are up to date.

5. Run anti-virus and anti-malware

6. I ran chkdsk and SeaTools about a month ago for another problem, there were no problems at the time.

PC specs:

Windows 8 64-bit

Intel i5-2500K, not overclocked

Asus P8-Z68VLX motherboard

Radeon 6850 video card

8 GB ram

Two Seagate Barracuda hard drives

Thanks for any help anyone can give!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:43 AM

Is it happens suddenly or after installing any software , themes or updates ?

#3 calculon47

calculon47
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

Hmm, actually I realize that I installed Bitdefender around the time Windows started acting all weird, so I switched to Avast (which I used before without any problems) to see if that clears it up. If not, I'll report back.

#4 emily.jarden

emily.jarden

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

hi dears am emily and new here how i can fareeez it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users