Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Services wont start, cant run firewall and Network lists as UNIDENTIFIED.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jchasse15

jchasse15

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

I can not get seeral of my services to run - when i try to run firewall it says the service cant start, i try to manually and get errrors.  When I go to network and sharing center, the top network that should be my pc and the map - is blank with Unidentified and says the dependency service or group failed to start.  I have paid for a windows recover CD, rain it, nothing changed.  ran sfc /scannow - nothing - ran malwarebytes and  superantispyware - nothing other than a few tracking cookies found.  i connect to the internet with limited connectivity and can not open web pages or anything at all.  The home network works wirelessly, i can access files.  Please help if you can,

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:04 AM

Have you tried system restore to an earlier time, or even, press F8 and select " Last Known Good Configuration " ???

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

#3 jchasse15

jchasse15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

There are no restore points, but I will try last known good configuration when I get home. Thank you

#4 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:08 AM

Download Services repair tool from here

ServicesRepair

• Double-click ServicesRepair.exe
  • If security notifications appear, click Continue or Run and then click Yes when asked if you want to proceed.
  • Once the tool is finished you will be prompted to restart your computer. Click Yes to restart.

All services should work now.

Edited by narenxp, 10 April 2013 - 10:15 AM.

#5 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

Try this link to check your services : http://www.blackviper.com/ depending on your OS !

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

#6 jchasse15

jchasse15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

The ServicesRepair link does not work :(

Edited by jchasse15, 09 April 2013 - 05:35 PM.

#7 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

Please try now.

#8 jchasse15

jchasse15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

Ran the services repair.  i have network and internet again, however my firewall cant be turned on, says dependancy service not running and when I try to turn it on, says it cant be run. Also my base filtering service will not let me activate it, still says access denied.

#9 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:07 AM

RKILL

• Please download Rkill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below (if one of them does not work try another.) and save it to your desktop:
  • Link 1
  • Link 2

• In order for Rkill to run properly you must disable your anti-malware software. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
  • Double-click on Rkill. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)
  • Note: You may have to run Rkill a few times before it is successful. You may also have to download Rkill from a different link which will save it as a different file name.
  • A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.
  • An Rkill.log will appear. Please copy and paste the contents in your reply (file also located at c:\rkill.log)
  • Do not reboot your computer after running Rkill as the malware programs will start again. If your computer reboots, run Rkill again before continuing on to the next step.
  • If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply.

Farbar's Service Scanner

Please download Farbar Service Scanner, save it to your desktop, and run it.

• Make sure the following options are checked:
    • Internet Services
    • Windows Firewall
    • System Restore
    • Security Center/Action Center
    • Windows Update
    • Windows Defender
    • Other Services

• Press "Scan".
  • It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
  • Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

#10 jchasse15

jchasse15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

From another thread I tried tweaking.com I tried windows repair.  it fixed everything!.....until I rebotoed.  Now I am stuck in a configuring windows stge 3 update loop.  Prior to that it said Logon process initialization failure.  It stays at 0% then reboots and then repeats :(

i think this occured after i tried to install Avast Antivirus

Edited by jchasse15, 11 April 2013 - 11:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users