Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wont connect to WWF

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 buzzard99510

buzzard99510

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

I play words with friends on facebook....or used to.....now when i try to connect (via Firefox)  even though facebook is open and works fine,,,i get the following message

The Connection Was Reset

the connection to the server was reset while the page was loading

the site could be temporarily unavailable, or too busy/try again in a few moments

if you are unable to load any pages, check your computers network connection

if your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure Firefox is permitted to access the web

i dont believe the connedction is reset as other programs are unafected when open at the same time, everything else works fine, no problems, but wwf  through facebook does this every time...............my only firewall is thru Mcafee security as a service and i do not see any blocked applications that are causing the problem.....

I CAN access it from another computer, no problems.....maybe its something easy, but its over my head......i would appreciate any help....thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

"Wont connect to WWF" < I assume you mean World Wide Web, not that Wrestling or Wildlife Fund things -

Visit the page below to just disable the program for a short time, and we can see if McAfee is the problem -
Try Information on A/V control (temp disable) HERE

McAfee is a rat for blocking many things that others will allow - Try to disable it and see how things are for a while.
- Since the sale of the company, it has not been much better -

Thank You -

EDIT -

Try to download this program, as many McAfee firewalls will block it -

Download Security Check by Screen317 from HERE and save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.

* If the program stalls for a few seconds, it is just gathering information.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
Note: If a security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.

Edited by noknojon, 08 April 2013 - 09:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users