Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Advanced tech possibly infected...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 almightynsx

almightynsx

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

Hello. This is my first time to this site and i usually do thing on my own unless im having alot of problems or cannot find out whats wrong with a computer by searching google.

I saw another post and the moderator was very helpful and am impressed when i see people actually take time to help others.

So Im posting this in hope that there is someone advanced enough in computers to thoroughly look at my system and see what might be the problem.

I have very little experience posting on forums and what information you might need to diagnose my problem. I usually just do the standard procedure in repairs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO THIS IS THE PROBLEM.....................

I got a new/used comp on craigslist and I brought it home and hooked it up. as soon as i connected it to the internet it worked. then a half hour later I was randomly being knocked off the internet. and even when i could connect to the internet I would try to visit sites but it would not open it, just load forever.

Also when i got my computer i had to download the wireless card driver and transfer it from my externet drive. After i said that it might be infected i reinstalled windows. as i was doing so i started using my old xp computer and I connected my external drive to it. after a little while the same problem started happening but not as frequent.

So this is why im lead to believe it was a virus, because it transfered to my other computer. I then reinstalled xp on that computer and started using it. The computer would load webpages but knock me offline randomly for a minute or two. So i reset my router to factory defaults and only changed password and name and channel (just how it was before.) I also reinstalled the original driver for my wireless card, the one i had installed was from the windows install that auto installs drivers when installing. Then my computer worked fine with no problems other than the fact that it would do random things like certin websites (facebook subpages) wouldnt work.

So after i installed windows 7 on my new computer then it would connect to wireless fine but when i try to open website it wouldnt work. However the one website that would work was google. I could google anything and gmail but the links would not open. After a days research on google it turns out that I changed the MTU setting in CMD and the websites started working again and i was able to go online completly. The problem was that my router is old and doesnt support windows 7 and its very cheap.

So heres the problem I think i have an undetected virus some where in my computer because i goto gmail and it disconnects me and i have a locked iswtmp file in temp folder and sometimes when im loading a webpage it doesnt load and i try to goto a new webpage after i clean recent history and use ccleaner it works again. Im not sure if this is a virus or not but to be safe i would like to have a person look at my system and see if there is something there.

One more thing. On the xp computer to keep from getting a virus on my new computer by transfering the windows 7 files and my wireless card driver from my external hdd I scanned my computer with many programs to see if there was any virus or maleware. I used an online scanner aswell. on all the programs i used only 1 detected a virus or three. That was nod32 online scanner. unforturnately i forgot the names of the viruses and i was not able to clean them. the other programs i used were, tskkiller, combo antivirus, hjthis, roguekiller, maleware bytes, and msessentials.

And thats about it, I hope i was clear enough for everyone. So thank you for your help in advanced and i hope someone is able to help.

-Thanks, Joe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,710 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

Welcome aboard p22002758.gif

Please follow the instructions in THIS GUIDE starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it HERE. Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

Hello and welcome. Two things come to mind. One is the flash drive you used between the PC's is infected. \On the XP machine

Please download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs and save it to your desktop.
[list]
  • Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
  • The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
  • Hold down the Shift key when inserting the drive until Windows detects it to keep autorun.inf from executing if it is present.
  • Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
  • Reboot your computer when done.
  • Note: As part of its routine, Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive that was plugged in when you ran it. Do not delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection by keeping the autorun file from being installed on the root drive and running other malicious files.

Now as you have infections ESET could not clean we will need a deeper look to get them.

EDit... I got a phone call in the middle of my post and I see Broni posted basically the same info.

Edited by boopme, 08 April 2013 - 07:26 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users