Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Feedback For Cross-browser Support.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nosnhoj#3

nosnhoj#3

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 06 April 2006 - 07:06 PM

Hi all,

I have authored a CSS layout that consists of a Header, three fluid columns, and a footer that I would like to be sure is Browser Friendly. I have already tested it with Firefox 1.5, IE 7beta, and Avant 10. I had Opera on board, but I have been having some buggy operation, so I dumped it and just havn't had the time to correct it.

A Bit About The Page and Layout.....

I am getting ready to launch a new site to facilitate the 100 plus tutorials and information that I have just recently transfered from Legal Pad, to PC, but before I do, some cross-browser validation would give me a little bit more piece of mind.

I finnally got the XHTML and the CSS to validate under the Strict doctype, but of course after adding some Javascript and what not, it will be a transitional doctype. I opted to use a "No Table Layout", that is draggable across a dual monitor setup and still maintain fluid uniform columns. And one of the best parts is the fact that almost all of the elements can be independently styled to satisfy ones taste.

So if there is anyone that would be kind enough to check it out, I would be very appreciative, and if anyone is interested in the unstyled mark-up for their own project, just let me know, I'll make a version that doesn't include any of the styling.... just the layout model.

I basically would like to know if there is anything that seems not to function properly in a particular browser. Anything, that way I can make adjustments as they are needed. Some browsers don't support the same tags as others do, so any help would be great. Of course anyone is free to visit the page.

Here's the Link:

Intellitorials.com

Thanks in advance,

nos :thumbsup:
When I'm right, I'm right....
And when I'm wrong, I could have been right....
So I'm still right, cause I could have been wrong.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2006 - 02:29 PM

Looks good to me in IE7b2 and Opera 8.5. Very nice :thumbsup:

#3 nosnhoj#3

nosnhoj#3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2006 - 02:46 PM

Thanks for the feedback,

I was curious how Opera would handle the margins. I am almost satisfied with a final version to use, just doing some last minute tuning. Anyhow, thanks again.

nos :thumbsup:
When I'm right, I'm right....
And when I'm wrong, I could have been right....
So I'm still right, cause I could have been wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users