Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 PC giving out passwords...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 shorinsamurai

shorinsamurai

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

Hi All,

The Machine Info:

I am running a Windows 7 Enterprise machine 64 bit OS SP1 installed as well as all other updates from Microsoft.

CPU Intel I5 M560 with 4 gb ram this machine is not part of a domain. This machine has Norton Security installed (since day one and tested with EICAR test file on install) and has scans done on a regular basis.

The problem:

I use Outlook 2010 64 bit to connect to an exchange server and to my personal email (separate profiles). I own my domain for my personal email, and received an email that my account has been hacked ( email from hosting Company admin) and its being used to spam. he changed my password and it stopped but the spammer kept trying to get in. Four days later I opened outlook and entered the new password and the spam started on the mail server again as if Outlook relayed my password to the hacker. Machine is not slow at all and does not suffer from blue screen on any other symptom that I have noticed.

I have run full system scans with Norton (pc was in safe mode network access) and with Norton Power Eraser.

Norton only revealed tracking cookies...

Norton Power Eraser photoshop.exe as a startup item and removed it....

Malware Bytes Found Adware.StatBlaster and removed it

I have used sysinternals to monitor TCP activity and nothing looks out of the norm…

How can I be sure the machine is clean?

Thanks in Advance

Ray

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users