Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win32/HiddenStart.A application

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

Greetings to all,

Used ESET online scanner as my OS Win 7x64 was acting oddly at times at startup. Did some scans for malware and nothing was

found by MSE, MBAM or SAS.  However ESET found 2 threats both of which it stated as a variant of Win32/HiddenStart.A application.

Did some research and not sure if this is a "false positive" as some sites suggest or if this is a real threat. ESET said it removed them.

Not a real astute techy and come to you for advice. Thanks in advance for any and all assistance................regards

Just wonder if this might have an association with DellDataSafeLocalBackup.

BTW thank you hamluis for moving to appropriate forum. Sorry :whistle:

Edited by sikntired, 08 April 2013 - 02:58 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

Without knowing which files and in which locations were indicated it's impossible to advice.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 sikntired

sikntired
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

Thanks Broni for your response. Thought I have saved results from ESET scan but cannot find. Will continue to monitor system and if warranted will run another scan.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:50 PM

thumbsup-thumbs-up-approve-ok-smiley-emo

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users