Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sony Vaio VPCEB1E0E Webcam Driver

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alfarom

alfarom

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:11 AM

I have just reinstalled Windows 7 64bit on a Sony Vaio VPC EB101E0E but the owner has told me the webcam isn't available. There are no evidence of any software missing in Device Manager and I can't find any reference to webcam drivers on the Sony Vaio support site here..

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCEB1E0E_T/updates

Am I just not seeing this driver on this page or should it be included as part of some other driver?

I don't have the laptop at present but I am wondering if one of the webcam cables has worked loose.

DC

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:10 AM

Hi alfarom :welcome: to BC community.

If you see or the webcam is recognize after expanding the imaging device in device manager, then most likely it's still working. Try launching the software Vaio utility or webcam software if the webcam lits up. All drivers must have been installed when you already use the factory image restore on the hidden partition which is usually the case. The Sony drivers online support is only secondary as the Vaio Update (with internet connection) which is the same with Windows Update keeps your computer notified for any new versions available.

Tekken

#3 alfarom

alfarom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:37 AM

That's what I'm trying to find. There doesn't seem to be any specific webcam software available on the Sony website and there is no sign of the webcam in device manager. This was a Windows reinstallation using a generic Windows disk which along with Windows update found all the drivers according to the Device Manager.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:54 PM

I'm not sure by the word 'generic' disk. The software package or OEM recovery disc/partition for the particular laptop would contain all the drivers needed. Unless the previous user has confirm that its a hardware problem for the webcam that needs to be fix or replace would be another issue.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users