Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New USB External Compact Disc CD - ReWritable DVD -ReWritable DVD R/RW Not worki

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dazza

Dazza

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:34 AM

Hi, :)  My new USB External Compact Disc CD - ReWritable DVD -ReWritable DVD R/RW

Not working properly? I have Windows XP 3 - Dell 2400 Inspiron (2003) 

The original CD Rom was an Internal HL-ST-TD ( D:) DVD/CD R + RW

I have connected it all up with the 2 Separate "USB Leads" provided

one has a Printer like Connection and the Other has a round Pin with a Hole in the centre'

A Music CD Shows as Audio CD (I:) and Plays as a CD   in Media Monkey and Media Player Classic 

But  the 10 Files show no "Artist or Title" just "unknown Album"

It appears it would Rip and Burn

AS a New Blank DVD RW Disc  it shows up as normal except when I click File > Open Player > Play > in WMC and VLC it says: 

Drive I:/ cannot read Function -Your input can't be opened:

VLC is unable to open the MRL 'dvd:///D:/'. Check the log for details.

As a DVD Video Player in VLC and WMPC it show as File> Open Disc > Play (D:) > ( I:)  It starts with the opening "Title and Choices screen" of the DVD eg: Play Movie, Select Frames, ETC but thats all" it won't play the DVD. If I click Play Movie it just stops

If I open Windows Explorer I have a Disc Icon (no Drive Letter) the movie title  "Reindeer Games" then if I expand that I have the TS Audio and Video

I:\AUDIO_TS

I:\VIDEO_TS

I bought this when my old one stopped working the old one did not Burn DVD's it did everything else It Read and Played Ripped DVD's CD's

What I want to do is Play, Copy, Rip and Burn all of my Daughters DVD Movies (she has a collection of 100 's and "Save" them on an "External HDD" and on DVD RE ReWritable Discs" and Play Rip Burn Music files to my PC From my music CD's to

Edited by hamluis, 12 April 2013 - 07:09 AM.
Moved from System Building/Upgrading to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dazza

Dazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:26 PM

I guess this is the wrong place for this topic, I will close this and try again elswhere Sorry Dasha

2013 DELL Inspiron 660, Intel 4 CPU - 2.4 GB, 512 Meg Ram, 64 bit / BEN-Q 21.5" Scr,

Windows 10, Weston 1000 T-byte HDD - Partitions -  G, -  H, - I, - J 

CCleaner, Kaspersky (Full Version) MWMByts Weekly

#3 XeonPRO

XeonPRO

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

MPC star plays all Types of AUDIO make it you rdefault player and you shgould see a difference.....kee it updated also 

Sounds like you might have a driver issue look at the HOME website for your product and go for the new drivers also what haappened to the OEM drive......why couldnt you just buy a new one.....OEM always works with OEM

#4 Dazza

Dazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

MPC star plays all Types of AUDIO make it you rdefault player and you shgould see a difference.....kee it updated also 

Sounds like you might have a driver issue look at the HOME website for your product and go for the new drivers also what haappened to the OEM drive......why couldnt you just buy a new one.....OEM always works with OEM

Hi XeonPRO, Thanks for your answer, I think you mean MPC as it Media Player Classic which I have and Guess what? I just tried it again and it worked perfectly :clapping: It may be that my computer has recognised the new CD+DVD and found the drivers online? As it had No name or "brand" on the box it came in and i just did not know what else it was. Anyway all good now.

The OEM question what is OEM? Did you mean the original "internal" CD-DVD Drive (D:/) if so I was going to but the thought of pulling off the front of my "elderly" PC was a bit much, and I wanted to upgrade to DVD-RIP & BURN as well as CD- RIP & BURN so I took the easiest path. The fact that there were no "drivers" on a disc in the box' threw me, but anyway if thats what you meant Cobba, all is good again. I thank you for your time and help, cheers for now Dazza :thumbup2:

Edited by Dazza, 12 April 2013 - 10:41 PM.

2013 DELL Inspiron 660, Intel 4 CPU - 2.4 GB, 512 Meg Ram, 64 bit / BEN-Q 21.5" Scr,

Windows 10, Weston 1000 T-byte HDD - Partitions -  G, -  H, - I, - J 

CCleaner, Kaspersky (Full Version) MWMByts Weekly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users