Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

About to give up on freakin windows 7 - can't duplicate audio between 2 devices?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jdlev

jdlev

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

So here's the deal.  I've got 2 gtx 680 cards, and and have 2 monitors with my computer connected through a DVI cable.  I have a 3rd 30' HDMI cable running to my big screen.  I can mirror the 2nd display on DVI perfectly to the HDMI HDTV.  Both systems can play the sound perfectly - BUT - not at the same time.  I have to go into sound control and either select the HDTV for sound -OR- the bose speakers on my computer.

I've tried stereo mixer to duplicate the sound.  Didn't work.  I've tried virtual audio cable, and it can duplicate the sound, but you have to configure it everytime - PLUS - there is a delay in the sound...so it's not sync'd properly with the movie.  So that's no good either.

I know you can set one device for your 'sound' and one for you 'communications'.  Whoopee doo.  That blows.  

What I want is simple.  I want my TV & 2nd monitor to play the movie.  I want my bose usb hi def speakers on my computer to play the sound, and I want the speakers on my tv to play the sound through HDMI.  I heard this used to be able to be done in XP, but no longer.  This is a $2400 computer system, with the ultimate version of 7 on it.  Something like this *should* be kiddie play, but I can't figure it out.

Any way to rig it so it works?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users