Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter #2

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nintzk

Nintzk

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

Recently, my Desktop Inspiron 530s stopped connecting to the internet.

Under Network adapters there is a yellow triangle next to the "Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter #2."  Under Properties it says "This device cannot start. (Code 10).  

This problem began about a week ago.  

For some reason, the device was able to start this morning, but after about a half hour the problem started up again and now it again says the device cannot start.

I already downloaded the suggested driver for this computer from the Dell website and tried reinstalling it, but the same problem occurs.  

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated?

Also, recently the fan on this computer has been very loud.  I've been told this is a hardware problem.  Could this have any impact on my network drivers?

Thanks

Edited by hamluis, 08 April 2013 - 07:42 AM.
Moved from Vista to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zbd

zbd

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

You've tried updating drivers using device manager?

Also try MS diagnostic.

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/hardware_device_problems/en-us

http://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/the-device-cannot-start-code-10/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users