Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

please help with these connectors

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cforcht

cforcht

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

case is Antec P160 neither connector is marked. both appear identical aside from the wire colors. both have one pin plugged. both on the right side of the connector as shown in the pic. can anyone tell me which is the USB and which is the 1394 both going to the front panel. the wires go to a circuit board behind the front panel and its not clear which is which. and the owners manual is pretty worthless. any help would be appreciated, thanks.

IMG_0938.jpg

Edited by cforcht, 07 April 2013 - 11:51 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

from antec FAQ page http://www.antec.com/index.php?page=support_roductInfo_FAQ&FAQno=16

Questions: I have 2 USB connectors on my P160 case, where is my fire wire? Answers: The USB and fire wire connectors look similar. The difference between the two is the wiring. The fire wire has a white wire that is thicker than the rest in that connector. It also has a blue wire that the USB connector does not have.

Also check motherboard pins to verify wiring is correct in your usb connectors (as it advises in the manual)

#3 cforcht

cforcht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

THANKS FOR THE LINK.

#4 cforcht

cforcht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

I guess it didnt really matter in the long run anyway. I hooked up the USB cable and yes it was the correct one. but the ports seem to be worn out. they only work intermittently. have to wiggle the flash drive around to get it to connect and then its not a sure thing it will stay there. tried a couple different flash drives with the same results. so I just removed them from the circuit board on the front panel and have installed a USB panel that fits in the floppy drive cover. some day if I get bored I might replace the USB sockets. thanks again for the help.

#5 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

Thanks for replying with the outcome. Most times we are left wondering.

#6 cforcht

cforcht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

I understand where you're coming from on that. I so dislike not knowing the outcome. I figure if someone is willing to lend a hand then the least I can do is let them know how it turned out. its just common courtesy. which isnt so common anymore.

thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users