Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer goes straight to start up repair

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Helpneeded123

Helpneeded123

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

Hi everyone,
I was doing a virus scan using malware bytes and spyware anti malware,
Spyware anti malware found a worm brontok along with other viruses. I restarted the computer
And since then, iit doesn't boot past start up repair. At one point start up repair results stated that Boot Critical file c:\windows\system32\drivers\bea705d11907dc09 was corrupt, but since that was found the computer still goes to start up repair and the error isn't shown anymore. Please note that I don't own a copy of the windows vista cd. Help!!!

Thank you

Edited by hamluis, 07 April 2013 - 10:17 AM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

On boot press F8 continuously, scroll down to " Last Known Good Configuration " press enter, computer should reboot to the last time it was running ok !

Or alternatively, boot pressing F8 continuously, scroll down to " Safe Mode " press enter, then when it boots into safe mode, run Malwarebytes, and Spyware Anti-malware, follow removal instructions of anything infected, then reboot !

Hope this helps !!!!!

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

#3 Helpneeded123

Helpneeded123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

Hi,
I tried both but it still went to start up repair

#4 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:23 AM

Hi there, just a couple of questions :

What OS are you running ?

Did you download anything or, did you do anything differently before this started to happen ?

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

#5 Helpneeded123

Helpneeded123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:52 AM

I'm using windows vista, I think it's Service pack 2, but I'm not sure!
I downloaded blackberry desktop software the day before but that's all

#6 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

Start>Control Panel>Sytem and Maintenance>System to view what your full OS is !

#7 Helpneeded123

Helpneeded123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

I can't do that because it doesn't allow me to log in due to start up repair

#8 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

If you have access to another computer, and your not bothered about losing anything that you haven't backed up, you can download a recovery disk from this link http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/ it is not free anymore, but i have used them before, and it done the job !!

#9 Helpneeded123

Helpneeded123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

Thank you, is there absolutely no way I can save the laptop without losing my files? I have really important work documents on there

#10 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

The link i posted is not expensive, it recovers Vista but not your files, but what you you can do afterwards is, download recuva from this link http://www.piriform.com/recuva if you take a look at this, again it is another piece of software i have used in the past, and is very useful !!! 

#11 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

After clicking on the link, where it says "more information" click on features, and you can read what this piece of software can do to help you !

#12 Helpneeded123

Helpneeded123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

I just realized that I infact have service pack 1, I was told on another forum to type into command prompt:
C: cd boot
attrib bad -s -h -r
ren c:boot\bcd bcd.old
bootrec /RebuildBcd

This found a windows installation so I selected yes, but unfortunately after restarting the laptop, windows boot manager comes up saying
that windows failed to start and to insert a windows installation disc and repair the problem, it also said at the bottom:
File:\windows\system32\drivers\bea705d11907dc09.sys
Info: Windows failed to load because a critical system driver failed is missing or corrupt
I don't own a copy of the vista cd, I hope you can help!

Edited by Helpneeded123, 08 April 2013 - 06:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users