Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virtual webcam won't connect!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cornflakes2

cornflakes2

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:18 AM

This isn't a real USB webcam or built in one.  It's one of those video 2 webcam programs like coolwaremax webcam max or Manycam.

It's where you can play a video and transmit it as a webcam on services like yahoo or other online cam sites.

It was working fine for many months until a week ago.  One day, it just wouldn't connect anymore to any site such as Yahoo.  I double checked it on my 2nd computer it and works

fine there still, but on my main computer, something must've happened that has conflicted or interferrred with the driver?

When I go to yahoo and look at "camera source" it'll say it's: Microsoft WDM Image Capture (Win32), Version: 6.1.7601.17514

instead of saying "webcammax capture" like it does on my 2nd computer.

I've tried smart uninstall with Yamicsoft, and reinstalled different versions with reboot, but nothing works....still the same "cam not detected/found" and it says the source is: Microsoft WDM Image Capture (Win32), Version: 6.1.7601.17514

Does anyone have any clue what is causing it not to connect?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users