Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

tons of problems, wont give me access to many functions

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 inksmom

inksmom

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 PM

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:02 PM

Hello.  I am having a variety of problems with my computer.  It started a couple of weeks ago, I got that FBI virus.  I was able to get rid of it, but it changed a bunch of permissions on my computer.  I started to correct that one at a time, as I found them.  I should have continued with that.  However, I did a couple of really dumb things, and now there is alot I cannot access.  I tried to do more of a "global" fix to the permissions on the hard drive.  I then activated uac.  The uac has now frozen just about everything (not files, but programs), and I cannot disable it.  I can also not use a number of program files.  The system either just doesnt go to the function when I click on it, or it tells me I don't have permission, or it tells me the parameters are incorrect.  I am really frustrated.  I cannot afford to chuck this old thing and get a new one yet.  I am quite tempted to save some files I need and start all over again to get rid of what I think are registry issues??? 

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Edited by hamluis, 07 April 2013 - 07:51 AM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:53 AM

I agree with your conclusion. Sounds like at this point it would be easier to simply save your critical data and do a new install. A side benefit would be that if there are any lingering effects of the malware you had, you'll be certain to wipe them away when you format the drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users