Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

quicktime files now images!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DrProphet

DrProphet

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

EDIT: Apologies. Ignore below, they are still playing in quicktime but at about half the speed. Sound speed is fine, picture speed is slow. Any ideas, please?

I am currently worrying that I have just lost some of my favourite memories from last year by one click of a button.

I wanted to check out some video's I took at events last year.

I have a PC, with various software, Windows Media Player, Realplayer, AND iTunes (so, also Quicktime)

My PC seems to have a mind of it's own, so depending on the day/weather/mood I have no idea which, when I double click on a file, it's kind of a lucky dip which application think sit wants to open it.

Anyhow to cut a long story short these files were stating that they were quicktime files (I VERY rarely use quicktime, so not sure why? (possibly because they were filmed on my iphone, I'm guessing).

So a few seconds later a pop-up appears...And not being always on the ball with the sometimes incomprehensible requests that applications ask me, unless I have reason to suspect it of devious doings, I generally agree. (usually without consequence) I have no recollection of what it requested and yes I am kicking myself for this.

However, I could actually cry right now (possibly over-dramatic, let's just say I'm gutted) Quicktime opened up my file and what happened? It was just an image. Confusing.

So I go back to the folder, and every single file that was a QT movie file is now a IMG file.

Please, please, please is there anyway to right this? I tried to open one in realplayer and it tried to play, even did, very slowly for about 2 seconds. Please tell me Quicktime hasn't corrupted almost all of my favourite memories from last year.

HELP!!!

p.s. Please feel free to advise moving of this post to more appropriate thread, if you think i'll get a better response elsewhere.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Thankyou in advance.

Dan

Edited by DrProphet, 06 April 2013 - 06:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users