Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hidden Desktop Wallpaper

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ghost 360

Ghost 360

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

I have an acer 5733z laptop with intel pentium and windows 7 home premium on 64 bit os.  I recently have been experimenting with the rainmeter type programs, which basically shows how to work with meters and measures and the such.  Anyhow, I downloaded the rainmeter program and began the tutoriorals,all along I started looking for some cool background downloads to stock up on for use with rainmeter.  I just recently have noticed that some of the backgrounds I thought were no working properly have been on my screen all along, I don't see them until I window key and ctrl to scroll tabs.  Now ,I can tell by cpu usage and the like that they are running ,but not seen.  I tried to place one on the screen to check out what's happening and found out it will not show up either.  I don't have a clue on what to do to straighten out my situation.  Any help is greatly appreciated. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:34 AM

Aren't there any settings within rainmeter to check on what application or customization that runs in the background? Just feeding the thoughts coming from here http://rainmeter.net/cms/

Tekken

#3 Ghost 360

Ghost 360
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:54 AM

I have not found them. I was thinking the same and decided to post because it now seems like my problem may not have anything to do with rainmeter.  I mean that I should be able to change the background from windows settings especially with rainmeter disabled. In the meantime today, I will dig a little deeper at the rainmeter site for the answer.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:45 PM

Now ,I can tell by cpu usage and the like that they are running ,but not seen.

You can try using Process Explorer but I think its more of a startup issue if the rainmeter program or skins are run by user default. If rainmeter or any wallpaper is not in use, then its more likely not taking up any CPU or processes but more of a startup issue. Autoruns would confirm this but let us know how this turn out just in case. :)

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users