Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"A referral was returned from the server."

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 5pr46u3

5pr46u3

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:04 AM

The other day, I had some strange things happen, and I am a little foggy on the details since it was only once.  But my Kaspersky program was saying something about the certificates or something not working, and that it needed to update before it could run.  Since it was my anti-virus program that was being weird and some strange things with windows in general i figured i was getting attacked.

I shut down and disconnected from the internet and ran malwarebytes and kaspersky which started working again randomly.  Neither of them found anything but now when i try to run certain programs i get a window that pops up and says:

"C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\ts3client_win64.exe

A referral was returned from the server."

If it helps it only seems to be voice programs that are not working.  Teamspeak and Mumble, but there could be other things that don't work and i just haven't tried to open them yet.

It seems like i might have a corrupt system file or something, but i am not sure.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 5pr46u3

5pr46u3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:43 AM

bump