Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer will not boot up at all

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cecpetzzz

cecpetzzz

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:50 AM

I have a Dell with Vista OS.

I was having problems with it slowing down as if it had picked up some kind of virus. I tried using the anti malware and it cleaned up some of it, and was working fine.

I turned off the computer and the next day when I tried to start it, it would run through the lights on top as if were going to boot up, but it would not even turn on. Not even in safe mode. I tried all the PF keys when turning on several times.

I put the complete restore disc in and it went in with no problem but will not boot up.

Now I cannot get the disc out.

I have a new hard drive in the computer from a year ago. So I am thinking the hard drive should be okay.

ANy suggestions? or do I need to just get a new laptop??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cecpetzzz

cecpetzzz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

I forgot to mention it is a laptop by Dell xps m1530

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users