Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

microphones

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bobbies

bobbies

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:49 AM

What type of mike would i need to record myself singing, just through my laptop. Would it be good enough with some decent software. than you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:07 PM

If you are a good singer, a cheap mike will be discouraging. But you will not know until you try. Does your laptop have a built in mike ?

For professional sound the one that comes to mind is a shure sm58, but after visiting shure website I see they make a PG series that connect via USB for home recording.These are $300-400. Personally I would look to the used market.

#3 bobbies

bobbies
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:45 AM

Hi Caperdog. Yes my laptop has a built in mike. I have Audacity for recording, but i was looking to maybe add some echo, or reverb but they were greyed out so i couldn´t access them. I must have done something wrong. I have a couple of mikes i used when i did karaoke, but they have a 1/4 inch plug. Would they work if i put a reducer to 1/8, to go into my laptop. 

If i can´t get Audacity to perform, what other prog could i use to record. thanks.

#4 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

yeah 1/4 to 1/8 adapter will work.

Audacity probable needs a plug-in http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/plugins

Audacity seems to be the free weapon of choice. A quick google turned up this list of free audio editors

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/25-free-digital-audio-editors/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users