Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FBI moneypak

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 onebaddawg50

onebaddawg50

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

Hey,

After letting my renewal expire with Norton 360 I contacted the FBI moneypak virus. I tried all the safe mode options and nothing worked. I reset to factory specs on my computer and I am starting over.

I downloaded all the windows updates.

Here is my issue; when I put the Norton 360 disk in the drive, it comes up to launch install, press ok, i hear the drive going for a few seconds, then nothing happens, no product key screen, nothing.

Edited by Budapest, 05 April 2013 - 05:05 PM.
Moved from Win7 ~Budapest

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Links272

Links272

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

Not that I am an expert in this area, but I had a problem with the Moneypak virus as well. I tried dozens of time to restart my computer in Safe Mode , Safe Mode with Networking and Safe Mode with Command Prompts The computer would just shut down every time. . FINALLY, I saw something on this site from someone named "bish0p34". He said to restart the computer in Safe Mode with Command Prompts. Type in rstrui.exe and this will take you to the System Restore screen. I selected the nearest date ( yesterday ) and my computer was back to normal. Hope this works. Oh, by the way, thank you bish0p34 so much. You really helped me.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 PM

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

I would recommend that if you get to Safe Mode with Networking that you move to step 3 here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-fbi-monkeypak-ransomware

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users