Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

a Acer aspire 6930g and was running on windows xp

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Headhurts

Headhurts

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

Hi

My son has an Acer Aspire 6930g running on xp.

Upto a couple of weeks ago he was happily running his blu rays using cyberlink 10 powerdvd when he announce that they no longer played. No disc found. Normal Dvds continue to run ok.

I have tried uninstalling the programme and reinstalling but that didnt seem to work.

Before i conclude that maybe the blu ray sensor has gone is there anything else i could try (- yes i have also tried cleaning the sensor and blowing away any possible dust) Do get suspicious that it all happens as the promotions for powerdvd13 flood in each time we open powerdvd lol.

Any suggestions welcome    ty for your time

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

I would presume that if it work before and all the disc are still scratch free, then the read layer function of the drive is not working anymore.

Tekken

#3 Headhurts

Headhurts
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:14 AM

i thought this too but we purchased a plugin external drive and the programm still does not function

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users