Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

View RSS feed folders

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 brightwing

brightwing

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

Where individual feed folders can be say, bookmarked and all the feeds in it displayed – with no signing in involved. Like, this.

I’ve been looking for something to replace my Google Reader feed bundles after the announcement. So far, I can’t seem to find anything with similar functionality to it. I’d be really grateful if guys can help me find one..

I have a low-end phone from which I used to view feeds from the bookmarked bundles. Typing passwords in its keypad is incredibly tedious – which most of the Readers demand.

Also, please nothing that you need to install either. Old java based phones can barely work Opera 4. And it’d also be really great if the Reader can import subscriptions from Google Reader too. Thanks for reading.

Edit: I suppose it is difficult to find RSS readers that don’t ask you to sign in.. Forget about that part then - did you guys see any places that would just let you bookmark folders of feeds? That would be just so amazing. 

If you used to use Google Reader like me, what did you switch into?

Edited by brightwing, 04 April 2013 - 07:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:32 AM

I switched to nothing. I moved all my feeds to Twitter. Because a lot of RSS readers used the Google API, they are closing. One that is remaining open is Feedly. I also saw on Lifehacker that you can use Tiny Tiny RSS to create your own RSS feed. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users