I need assistance removing the Green Dot MoneyPak virus from an XP SP3 PC.
Status of PC:
- Can login to Normal mode with infected network user account but can't get beyond Dept of FBI splash.
- Can login to Safe mode with networking on infected network user account but can't get beyond Dept of FBI splash.
- Cannot login to Safe mode command prompt only - does not allow for the network credentials only local user.
- Can control using PSExec but don't know what to do.
- Have copied Combofix.exe and mbam-setup-22.214.171.1240.exe to root of infected PC's local C:\ drive.
Things I have done so far:
- Copied users' important data through network admin share to a hot swap pc and the user is working again.
- Have tested being able to PSExec to the PC but no further.
Please let me know what other information I can provide and/or what steps to proceed with.