Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Whats Broken ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Munn

Munn

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 06 April 2006 - 11:45 AM

My computer won't boot almost at all, one time out of 20 it makes it from a no signal screen to the boot options of norma, safe mode etc. I'm running windows xp, and have switched out every single part to anotherI know works including cmos battery, hard drives, ram, vid card, and also just have the main components plugged in, in case its a power issue. So at this point I know its either the cpu, mb, or the power supply isn't giving enough juice. I was wondering if anyone could help me find out which of these 3 things it is.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JPHarvey

JPHarvey

• Members
  • 508 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 06 April 2006 - 04:45 PM

Could it be a virus? How long has it been happening? If it's not too long, and you have an inkling that it could be a virus, System Restore may help you out...maybe. If you can get into Windows XP, got to Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore.

You can then select a restore to date from the list of automatically saved restore points. I had a virus that kept loggin me out if I tried to delete it (a boot sector virus), and the restore worked for me. I guess it was a fairly tame one though if it didn't infect my restore points.

I reckong, if you can, give it a go. You really have nothing to lose! ;)
[CPU]Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo @ 3.19GHz
[MoBo]ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium (nForce590)
[RAM]4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 CL4 @ 710MHz
[GPU]XFX 8800 GTX 768MB [SLI] @ Stock
[PSU]CoolerMaster 1kW
[Audio]ASUS Xonar D2
[Case]Antec Nine Hundred
[OS]Windows Vista Ultimate 64
[LCD]SAMSUNG 226BW
[Other]WC'd CPU & SLI

#3 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:15 PM

When did this start happening?

Was it sudden or did it come on slowly...

#4 Munn

Munn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 07 April 2006 - 12:14 AM

all of a sudden

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users