Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Right Speaker no sound

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ac98521

ac98521

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite A200 g01

For sometime whenever I tried to test the sound in the control panel, the speaker served as the LEFT and RIGHT speakers(weird) because of some reasons I dont know

I performed a check disk on the command prompt with chkdsk c:\f and r. The result given to me was that the left speaker is now working only as the left speaker and the right speaker gives out no sound. I already installed a new driver but still no sound from right speaker.

Help??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:49 AM

One and or related thread http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490727/laptop-turns-off-unexpectedly/#entry3019204

How old is this toshiba laptop? It seems there are multiple issues with your laptop hardware/software wise...

Tekken

#3 ac98521

ac98521
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:08 AM

2005 :( so i think 8?

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:16 AM

Do you mean the onboard or external speakers? It seems more like internal speaker is not working anymore.

Might wanna head over to some video on how to disassemble toshiba laptops if you wish to start checking the speakers.

Edited by jhayz, 04 April 2013 - 01:24 AM.

Tekken

#5 ac98521

ac98521
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

yup. the internal speaker. :( does your conclusion mean the laptop's speaker is broken because of old age?

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

The only way you could confirm this is by inspecting it. It might just be a wiring or connection problem hopefully.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users