Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop turns off unexpectedly

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ac98521

ac98521

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite A200 g01

Scenario:

1. Plugged in computer for charge while using.

2. Unplugged charger after full charger

3. Computer sleeps due to low battery

4. Plugs computer again and turned on computer

5. After some time within 1 hour. Computer turns off(like no power)  unexpectedly???

What is the matter with this? It only turns off like that after computer sleeps due to low battery

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ac98521

ac98521
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:09 AM

I've realized that the battery had nothing to do with it because whenever I attached it to the HDMI cable while watching movies in my TV it turns off after some time that I don't know even without the battery :( What could be the reason please?

#3 Ket

Ket

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:37 AM

I am not really an expert, but I had similar problems due to overheating. If this is the case, the general suggestions are to clean the vents from accumulated dust. You can either blow the dust with compressed air cans or disassemble the laptop and clean it.

Check these links:

http://www.irisvista.com/tech/laptops/toshiba-satellite-a205/laptop-disassembly-1.htm

Another suggestion is to keep your laptop on a flat hard surface, not on your lap or the bed where the vents may be blocked. I'd suggest to even keep it a bit elevated from the surface or invest into a cooling pad.

Don't run heavy applications simultaneously (eg watch movie while scan with the antivirus or converting videos).

Update the BIOS and the graphic card drivers.

NOTE: All the above suggestions are generally good to follow. However the random shut downs you are experiencing may be for other reasons, like software incompatibility or hardware failure. You can also check the event viewer to look for possible errors.

Check also this thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users