Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 7 Dell computer password

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kim25

Kim25

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:11 PM

My computer is asking for a password after doing a restart.But, I never had a password. I don't know what to do to get in! Help anyone?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:28 PM

Hi -

Are you logged on as Administrator, or is this another user account ?

1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete, and then click Change a password.

2. Type your old password, type your new password, type your new password again to confirm it, and then press Enter.

3. If there is no old password listed, leave the area blank and reboot the computer.

Note - Because you are logged in as Administrator, you can create or change passwords for all user accounts on this computer.

If you are not logged in as Administrator, you may not be able to change a log on password -

Thank You -

#3 Kim25

Kim25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:46 PM

Aussie, I am the only user of this computer. I bought it new and never set a password, that is why I find it  strange that it is now asking for a password. I think I must have been hacked. I can't use control, alt, delete or even go into safe mode f8. I even tried my Dell reinstallion cd & it wouldn't work either. I am totally blocked from using my computer. What now? Thank you!

#4 Kim25

Kim25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:21 AM

has anyone ever used A password recovery software? I am locked out of my computer because it keeps asking for a password, but I never set A password at all. Anyway, was wondering about the software available to recover passwords & if they really work. Thanks for any info on this!

Kim

Edited by hamluis, 04 April 2013 - 12:07 PM.
Merged topics - Hamluis.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,551 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:32 AM

Can you enter the BIOS?

What model Dell system is this?

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 04 April 2013 - 12:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users