Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Degrading Performance-Please help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lukmac

lukmac

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

Mod Edit: Split posts from "Slow Computer?". ~bloopie

I have an older dell computer running xp professional sp3. For the last few months my systems performance has gone steadily downhill, I have run several tune-up, anti-virus/spyware, and windows registry checkers cannot find any issues and performance is still getting worse. Could someone please help. Could this be some kind of hardware issue and not software??

Edited by bloopie, 03 April 2013 - 05:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

It might be a hardware issue. Have you run a diagnostic check of your hard drive?

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

I have an older dell computer running xp professional sp3. For the last few months my systems performance has gone steadily downhill, I have run several tune-up, anti-virus/spyware, and windows registry checkers cannot find any issues and performance is still getting worse. Could someone please help. Could this be some kind of hardware issue and not software??

You'd get a better response if you started your own thread. In fact, I'll ask that this is moved. Meanwhile, the fact that you've run registry cleaners is troublesome. They CAUSE problems, they don't cure them. The best registry cleaners are benign and do nothing. The worst of them can leave your system unusable.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

Hi -

You could list the Dell Model and post a snapshot with Speccy as this may give us a bit more to look at -
Publish a Snapshot using Speccy << Follow These Directions

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users