Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PS3 Wireless connection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 B5Anteros

B5Anteros

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:23 PM

Hi,

I recently purchased a PS3. I use it only for one person games and do not do any online gaming so I never bothered hooking it up to the internet. Then one of my friends told me you can do a lot more than that on it and showed me how to connect it to the wireless router. All good.

One day my son comes over and he wants to play DC Universe online. I didn't want that happening over the wireless (too many devices in this house) so I moved the Ethernet cord from my PC to the PS3 and changed the settings. The PC is also wireless so he was able to play and I was able to browse. Again all good.

After he left I moved the wire from the PS3 back to the PC but when I went to change the settings on the PS3 back to wireless it won't go. It simply will not connect to the router. Does anyone know if there is anything special I have to do to get this to work again?

Thank you!

HP Envy 1417c = Intel i7 3770 at 3.4 GHz = 12 GB RAM = Pegatron 2AD5 Motherboard = 2TB Seagate ST2000DM001-9YN164 Disk Device = Several External HD's = 2 GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 = Windows 8 64 bit = Mozilla Firefox = Avast Free = Windows Defender.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 B5Anteros

B5Anteros
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

LOL, never mind! I got the PS Network to help me.   All good again! :thumbup2:

HP Envy 1417c = Intel i7 3770 at 3.4 GHz = 12 GB RAM = Pegatron 2AD5 Motherboard = 2TB Seagate ST2000DM001-9YN164 Disk Device = Several External HD's = 2 GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 = Windows 8 64 bit = Mozilla Firefox = Avast Free = Windows Defender.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users