Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

fbi virus locked computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kay65

kay65

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

I got the fbi virus i have diwnloaded a fix but cant get it to load by disk or usb. How do ifix this?

Edited by hamluis, 03 April 2013 - 02:05 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jimbob85

Jimbob85

• Members
  • 308 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

Hi, welcome to BC!

You may want to look at the virus removal guides, make sure to use the correct one for your specific "FBI" malware.  There are several different versions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/

Another thing that you can try is:

-  Let the pc load and malware load.

-  Press Ctrl-Alt-Delete

-  Choose Log off

-  As soon as you see the log off process start press your windows key

I have had this work well for me on several variants of similar malware.  You will know that this works if you see the malware "FBI" screen disappear and your pc comes back to the desktop.  If it works install Malwarebytes and run a full scan.

Please Download Malwarebytes AKA MBAM

Update Malwarebytes via the update tab.
Run a full scan
When the scan finnishes please select Remove Selected and make sure all of the boxs are checked
Please post the results

The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to
include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.

#3 Jimbob85

Jimbob85

• Members
  • 308 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:54 AM

Please let me know if you need any further help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users