Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Resizing a Windows 7 Partition - Bootcamp OSX Mountain Lion

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Another1BytesTheDust

Another1BytesTheDust

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

I recently got myself a 1 TB hard Drive for my 2011 Macbook Pro. I'm currently running OSX Mountain Lion and have a Windows 7 Bootcamp Partition on it set for 150 GB. I realize that with the amount of games I want to put on there, 150 GB is not enough.

I want to know if there is a way to resize the Windows partition (there is plenty of room in the OSX Partition) without having to reinstall everything in the partition?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 712 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

Create a backup of your files before trying to resize the partition.

http://guides.macrumors.com/Extend/Resize_Boot_Camp_Partition

#3 Judith1314

Judith1314

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

If you want to resize your Mac partition, you can use the built-in disk utility to enlarge your partition. However, before you do this job, the first important thing is to back up your important things. Then, you can format your partition to free space. At this time, if you want to use the built-in disk management, you must make sure that the free space is directly behind the partition you want to enlarge.

Another way to enlarge is to use the third partition software to resize. You can refer to above post. "Buddyme2" already give your answer.

Good luck!

Judith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users