Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win32/nsag Oxc0000022 Error

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Notaclue

Notaclue

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:49 AM

I'm very computer illiterate so please bear with me. I have a Toshiba laptop with Windows XP. When I started my computer today, I got the following error message:
Explorer.EXE - Application Error
The application failed to initialize properly (OxcOOOOO22). Click on OK to terminate the application.

My screen saver comes up, but nothing else. I tried Ctrl-Alt-Del and was able to run my AVG free virus scan. The result was a Win32/Nsag virus found. I moved the file to the virus vault. I tried to restart the computer, but this time received an error that the wininet.dll file could not be found. I used Ctrl-Alt-Del again and looked in the virus vault and sure enough the file name that has the virus is wininet.dll I tried to restore the file, but the AVG warning comes on saying Virus Detected, hitting the Ignore button, did not seem to do anything. The virus vault still contains one file. However, when I restarted the computer I got the same inital IExplorer.EXE - Application Error and my screensaver. I did another AVG scan and the virus was back. The virus cannot be healed and so I moved it again to the virus vault.
The only thing I get when I turn on the computer is the IExplorer.EXE Application error OXC0000022 and my screensaver.

Edited by Notaclue, 06 April 2006 - 04:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users