Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Port 1083

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 crashtestdummy

crashtestdummy

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:18 AM

a2 found this c/programfiles/msn messenger.exe 1083 tcp winhole process 11224 could someone tell me should this be fixed? :thumbsup:

read topic on ports my bad

Mod Edit: Cleaned up post by closing open BB Code tags.

Edited by crashtestdummy, 06 April 2006 - 11:25 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 06 April 2006 - 01:20 PM

CTD,

WinHole is a trojan aka BackGate and or WinGate, it was using your MSN Messenger to communicate through port 1083 and A Squared caught it. So to answer your question. Yes it needs to be fixed. Here is a link to Bleeping Computers List of Virus & Malware Resources

For more information on your WinHole Trojan also see this link.

Be (Open Port) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 crashtestdummy

crashtestdummy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 06 April 2006 - 06:13 PM

well thanks after i read about ports i thought msn was using that port for i.m. [my daughter] at any rate i will try to close it i have been using the zone alarm firewall set at high should i go back to the windows firewall? any suggestions are really appreicated zonealarm has updates but i cant download it says the signature is not valid :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users