Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Xp Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 patch110

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 06 April 2006 - 07:48 AM

just wondering if there is anyway or any program that can roll back windows to how it was after fresh install without having to re-install if that makes sence as i have acopy of windows but it was supplied with a medion pc and the registration code wont work with my home biult pc
Pentium 4 skt478@3Ghz
2.5Gb DDR400 Ram
Pny Geforce 6800gt
Bog Standard Msi Mobo
160Gb seagate HDD
Jeantech 450w Psu

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:44 AM

Pretty unlikely. If you've reinstalled using a registration key that is installed on another computer, activating it will shut down both computers if they've been connected to the internet.

Restore points replace older points with newer ones, but re-installing wipes all restore points. If the question you're asking is, can I change the license key after Windows is installed, yes. Here's the method used by calling Microsoft.

Here is an automated free program to do the same thing. I can't verify that it works since I haven't used it.

Keep in mind that the key you use to replace the original must be a legal, licensed key and will need to be activated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users