Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

searchou.com

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Maszario57

Maszario57

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

Hello,

I recently tried to download a torrent from thepiratebay.se. What I downloaded was Privitze VPN, and as this was what I thought I wanted I installed it (Norton 360 Premier said it was safe). However, when I opened IE8 it said 'searchou.com'. This happens every time now in the interim from the onset of the clicking on the home page, another page etc. to it actually getting to the homepage. I have run a Norton full system check, installed the program but this "searchou.com" hasn't gone away; Norton said there was no threat. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. What should I do?

Edited by Maszario57, 02 April 2013 - 02:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 AM

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

Howdy! My name is GLaDOS I will be helping you today,

So first thing you wanna do is download malwarebytes antimalware

you can get it here

Once downloaded update the database just to make sure your update to date.

Run a full scan and post the log it gives you here once the scan is finished.

And we'll go on from there.

Edited by GLaDOS, 02 April 2013 - 07:59 PM.

Hey everyone I'm Allen I am a young web developer/designer/programmer I also help people with computer issues including hardware problems, malware/viruses infections and software conflicts. I am a kind and easy to get along with person so if you need help feel free to ask.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users