Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Whats..dso Exploits?or Exploits?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Forg0t

Forg0t

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 06 April 2006 - 06:34 AM

Hello experts,i came to ask whats exploits as i only know dialer spyware adware and others..Whats Exploits?What does it do...?

Forg0t

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 06 April 2006 - 07:30 AM

I am not sure exactly what you are referring to, but perhaps this will answer your question.

No piece of software is perfect, and certainly this is true of Windows XP and Internet Explorer. There are security 'holes' in these pieces of software. So computer programmers with malicious intent will create software (virus, worm, dialer, etc) that 'exploit' these security holes, allowing thier software to get installed on your computer.

In turn, Microsoft occasionally puts out updates that plug these holes. But usually by the time they come out with the updates millions of computers are affected by the Exploiter. When Microsoft has a large number of updates they bundle them together in what they call a Service Pack, and then they number the Service Packs, 1, 2 etc. Right now there are two service packs available for XP, and also about 41 additional updates that before too long MS will bundle into SP3 I suppose.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 Forg0t

Forg0t
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:57 AM

Okie!I think i get what you mean.Thanks for the information.

Nice + funny name you got too! :thumbsup:

#4 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:25 AM

For a long time, Spybot Search and Destroy found DSO Exploit and it would never go away. As I understand it, DSO Exploit was actually a flaw in Windows and not an actual piece of malware. This has been fixed in newer versions of Spybot so that it no longer reports it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users