Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer problem. Slow and freezing.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 eob99

eob99

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

Hello.

A friend of mine recommended to look for some help on this forum.

I am using a Dell netbook.

Windows 7 Starter. Computer is roughly 2 years old.

The problem is when I start up the Netbook it takes roughly 25 minutes to get going.

Then any browser hangs and freezes. Impossible to use the interent like this.

I have tried the following from reading online help forums, but the problem is still the same.

I installed Malawarebytes anti malaware and did a full system scan. No threats found.

Running AVG up to date.

Ran a Eusing registry cleaner to fix errors.

Can anyone offer some further advice. After 25-30 minutes from cpu running at 100% it settles back to 59% but still very slow.

thanks for any help offered.

eob

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:51 AM

:welcome: to BC eob99

Please post the complete laptop model next time. Can you check if the laptop comes with a hardware diagnostic utility  by pressing the default function keys (Esc, F2) on early bootup and try running the short and long test? If the short test posted failed, skip the long test as this would confirm that the drive is not reliable anymore. Make sure you have also kept a recent backup of your documents but if its impossible to do this in Windows try using this.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users