Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wacom Intuous2 graphics tablet failing more often than not on Windows 8 i5 comp

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 andrewset

andrewset

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

Hello,

I use a Wacom Intuous2 graphics tablet with Windows 8 on a pretty new i5 desktop computer.

My problem is that too often when I plug the tablet into one of my many USB spots on either the back or top, either USB 2.0 or USB 3.0, Windows will give a pop-up at the bottom right either calling this USB device malfunctioned or unrecognized. Or else, when the tablet IS working, as denoted by the little yellow light at the top of it being on, then sometimes in the middle of work it'll just turn off. I did install the latest driver for it off of Wacom's site, WacomTablet_6.2.0w5, made for whatever previous version of Windows, but working or at least sometimes working with Windows 8 as well, as I have recently seen.

To be clear, I'm not buying a new Wacom, because I don't have monetary resources, I don't believe in waste, nor of companies ceasing to support expensive older products (as if in favor of selling new models), this one cost $300 back in the day, I've always taken excellent care of it, it's awesome, and, most importantly, when this tablet works on this exact computer setup, as it clearly has recently, it works without flaw.

So, as such, I'm looking for a very specific answer alone: How do I get this Wacom to work more often than it fails?

Perhaps something to do with the USB ports, or drivers, or compatibility modes... whatever I can do to maximize its efficiency; to keep that light yellow instead of off.

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users