Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Some sites not opening in IE9 (Blank page), but work fine in Chrome

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CM_Regan

CM_Regan

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

Hello guys, I've got a client having some trouble getting some pages to open in IE9. It's only certain pages, and the same ones open in Chrome without a problem. No one else in the building is having an issue, just this one machine. If you click on the link to one of the pages, it will just hang there like you didn't click anything, and if you try to open it in a new tab it will just open a new blank tab (although the appropriate address will be in the address bar). These sites all work just fine in Chrome.

What I've tried so far:

-Running IE without add-ons

-Running IE with script debugging enabled and "display notification about every script error" enabled (no errors reported)

-Deleting Cookies

-Resetting IE

-Ran Malwarebytes scan, found 2 FakeAV objects, removal had no impact.

I'm at a bit of a loss at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:26 AM

Hi and Welcome to BC :)

Try clearing your cache files : Free Ccleaner Ignore the registry feature as it is not necessary or recommended.
Remove Adware : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/
Click on Delete. Copy/paste the result on your next reply.
Scan for Malware using free Malwarebytes
Install then run a quick scan only after updating to the latest definition. Post the result.

Reinstall and update your Flash player for IE9 http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Tekken

#3 CM_Regan

CM_Regan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:38 AM

Hey jhayz, thanks for the info. I played around with it a bit after posting and seem to have got it working on another account (Administrator) by rolling back to IE8 and reupdating to IE9. I'll follow up in the morning when the user is back and can log into her account to test it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users